The ACLS Instructor renewal course is a prerequisite for:
• All AHA ACLS Instructors every 2 years
• AHA Instructors adding the ACLS discipline to their teaching credentials
• AHA National and Regional Faculty, and Training Center Faculty with an ACLS discipline
The course is also an option for:
• Current AHA ACLS Instructors who want to enhance their teaching skills
This course enhances the following general competencies identified by the International Board of Standards for Training, Performance and Instruction (IBSTPI):
• Planning and Preparation for Courses
• Instructing Courses
• Conducting Written Exams, Skills Practice and Skills Testing
• Keeping your ACLS Instructor Status Current
This course also includes approximately 30 minutes of general information about instructing AHA courses, followed by ACLS course-specific information.
Participants who successfully complete the course will receive a new ACLS Instructor card good for 2 years.