Heartsaver Bloodborne Pathogens – Online
The Heartsaver® Bloodborne Pathogens Online course teaches students how to protect themselves and others from being exposed to blood or blood-containing materials.
This course is designed to meet Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) requirements for bloodborne pathogens training when paired with site-specific instruction.
Who should take this class?
This course is designed for any workers with a reasonable chance of coming into contact with bloodborne pathogens such as:
- Correctional Officers
- Childcare workers
- Security Guards
- Maintenance workers
- School personnel
- Hotel Housekeepers
- Health and Fitness Club Staff
- Tattoo Artists
The American Heart Association strongly promotes knowledge and proficiency in all AHA courses and has developed instructional materials for this purpose. Use of these materials in an educational course does not represent course sponsorship by the AHA. Any fees charged for such a course, except for a portion of fees needed for AHA course materials, do not represent income to the AHA.
AHA’s course uses the PACT acronym (Protect, Act, Clean, Tell) and slogan, “Make a PACT, Know How to Act,” to help students learn and easily recall bloodborne pathogens training. Students learn how to:
- Protect themselves from exposure to bloodborne pathogens
- Act when exposed to blood or blood-containing materials in the workplace
- Clean themselves and the area when exposed to blood or blood-containing materials in the workplace
- Tell or report any exposure to blood or blood-containing materials in the workplace
- Interactive questions and video segments
- Content is based on the PACT acronym to reinforce critical learning points
- Downloadable Participation Certificate is available
- Can start, stop and return to online modules as needed
- Provides an alternative to classroom-based course
Students can access downloadable Participation Certificate upon course completion.
How It Works: Students complete a series of online lessons and interactive questions. No skills session is required.
80-1501 Heartsaver Bloodborne Pathogens Online
See the Healthcare Materials