BLS for Healthcare Providers – Classroom
The AHA’s BLS course trains participants to promptly recognize several life-threatening emergencies, give high-quality chest compressions, deliver appropriate ventilations and provide early use of an AED. Reflects science and education from the American Heart Association Guidelines Update for CPR and Emergency Cardiovascular Care (ECC).
Who should take this class?
The AHA’s BLS Course is designed for healthcare professionals and other personnel who need to know how to perform CPR and other basic cardiovascular life support skills in a wide variety of in-facility and prehospital settings.
The American Heart Association strongly promotes knowledge and proficiency in all AHA courses and has developed instructional materials for this purpose. Use of these materials in an educational course does not represent course sponsorship by the AHA. Any fees charged for such a course, except for a portion of fees needed for AHA course materials, do not represent income to the AHA.
- High-quality CPR for adults, children, and infants
- The AHA Chain of Survival, specifically the BLS components
- Important early use of an AED
- Effective ventilations using a barrier device
- Importance of teams in multirescuer resuscitation and performance as an effective team member during multirescuer CPR
- Relief of foreign-body airway obstruction (choking) for adults and infants
- Video based course ensures consistency
- Instructor-led, hands on class format reinforces skills proficiency
- Student manual comes with new Pocket Reference Card, designed to provide quick emergency information to the rescuer at any time.
- Updated Science based content
Course Completion Card or Certificate
American Heart Association BLS for Healthcare Providers Course Completion Card is valid for two years.
In the classroom, students participate in simulated clinical scenarios and learning stations. Students work with an AHA BLS Instructor to complete BLS skills practice and skills testing. Students also completes a written exam.
- 20-1102 BLS Provider Manual
- 20-1132 BLS Reference Card
- 20-3102 BLS Provider Manual eBook
- 20-3123 BLS Digital Reference Card