Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) – Online
An alternative to classroom-based ACLS training, HeartCode® ACLS Online is the online portion of ACLS blended learning that will prepare students for hands-on skills session with an AHA ACLS Instructor or on a simulation station. ACLS is an advanced course that highlights the importance of team dynamics and communication, systems of care and immediate post-cardiac-arrest care. It also covers airway management and related pharmacology.
Who should take this class?
ACLS is designed for healthcare professionals who either direct or participate in the management of cardiopulmonary arrest or other cardiovascular emergencies and for personnel in emergency response.
The American Heart Association strongly promotes knowledge and proficiency in all AHA courses and has developed instructional materials for this purpose. Use of these materials in an educational course does not represent course sponsorship by the AHA. Any fees charged for such a course, except for a portion of fees needed for AHA course materials, do not represent income to the AHA.
*If online course is purchased during non-business hours, online course will be sent the following business day (business hours are 9am-5pm, Monday-Friday).
- After successfully completing this course, students should be able to
- Define systems of care
- Apply the BLS, Primary, and Secondary Assessments sequence for a systematic evaluation of adult patients
- Discuss how the use of a rapid response team (RRT) or medical emergency team (MET) may improve patient outcomes
- Discuss early recognition and management of Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS), including appropriate disposition
- Discuss early recognition and management of stroke, including appropriate disposition
- Recognize bradycardias and tachycardias that may result in cardiac arrest or complicate resuscitation outcome
- Perform early management of bradycardias and tachycardias that may result in cardiac arrest or complicate resuscitation outcome
- Model effective communication as a member or leader of a high-performance team
- Recognize the impact of team dynamics on overall team performance
- Recognize respiratory arrest
- Perform early management of respiratory arrest
- Recognize cardiac arrest
- Perform prompt, high-quality BLS including prioritizing early chest compressions and integrating early automated external defibrillator (AED) use
- Perform early management of cardiac arrest until termination of resuscitation or transfer of care, including immediate post–cardiac arrest care
- Evaluate resuscitative efforts during a cardiac arrest through continuous assessment of CPR quality, monitoring the patient’s physiologic response, and delivering real-time feedback to the team
- Updated to reflect new science in the 2020 American Heart Association Guidelines for CPR & ECC
- HeartCode blended learning delivers quality resuscitation education regardless of where providers are located and gives them more control to complete the course at their own pace.
- Providers first complete the online portion of HeartCode ACLS and then complete a hands-on skills session with an AHA ACLS Instructor or on a simulation station.
Upon successful course completion, including demonstration of skills competency in all learning stations and passing the CPR and AED skills test, bag-mask ventilation skills test, a Megacode test and a written test, students receive an ACLS course completion card, valid for two years.
- 20-3554 HeartCode® ACLS
- 20-1106 ACLS Provider Manual
- 20-1120 ACLS Reference Card Set
- 20-3100 ACLS Provider Manual eBook
- 20-3109 ACLS Digital Reference Card
Online Class & Skills Test (Part 1, 2 & 3)
Skills Practice and Testing (Part 2 & 3)
Refund Policy/Cancellation Policy:
Students have the right to reschedule their reservation for up to but no more than six (6) months from the date of their registration. Students also have the right to cancel their reservation and obtain a full refund as long as arrangements are made 24 hours prior to the class. For students who are completing the ACLS Online and Skills test, there will be a $25 rescheduling fee if less than 24 hours notice. Please Note: Refunds cannot be issued to those students who have purchased the AHA Online Course.