The BLS/HS Instructor Zoom Renewal course is for:
• All AHA BLS/HS Instructors every 2 years
The Zoom Renewal requires instructors to have the following equipment:
- Adult and infant manikins
- AED Trainer
- Pocket Masks
- Current BLS Instructor Manual
Instructor will be expected to review and demonstrate all BLS Skills during the zoom call.
This Instructor Renewal course provides a platform for an instructor to demonstrate acceptable provider skills and successful completion of the provider written examination as well as Instructor monitoring by a TCF member. All other renewal criteria must be met prior to this course as outlined in the PAM.
- Key changes in HeartSaver and/or Basic Life Support for Health Care Providers, reflecting new science from the 2020 American Heart Association Guidelines for Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Emergency Cardiovascular Care
- Critical concepts in high-quality CPR
- The American Heart Association Chain of Survival
- 1-rescuer CPR and AED for adults, children and infants
- 2-rescuer CPR and AED for adults, children and infants
- Differences among adult, child and infant rescue techniques
- Bag-mask techniques for adults, children and infants
- Rescue breathing for adults, children and infants
- Relief of choking for adults, children and infants
- CPR with an advanced airway*
* This is an introduction to the compression and ventilation rates for a patient who has an advanced airway in place. For more information on advanced airways, please refer to the Airway Management Course.
- Updated Science based content
- Access to BLS for Healthcare Providers Instructors Manual
- Access to HeartSaver CPR/AED Instructors Manual
- Downloadable algorithms
American Heart Association BLS HCP and HS Instructor Card is valid for two years.
In the classroom, instructors participate in a simulated clinical scenario and learning station. Instructors work with an AHA TCC or TCF to complete BLS skills practice and skills testing. Instructors also complete a written exam.
- BLS for Healthcare Instructor Manual
- HeartSaver CPR/AED Instructor Manual