BLS for Healthcare Providers – Online
The American Heart Association’s BLS for Healthcare Providers Online Part 1 Course, Web-based and accessible 24 hours a day, provides a flexible alternative to classroom training. Through case-based scenarios, interactive activities and videos, this course teaches the concepts of both single-rescuer and team basic life support.
Who should take this class?
Healthcare professionals who need to know how to perform CPR, as well as other lifesaving skills, in a wide variety of in-hospital and out-of-hospital settings.
- Key changes in basic life support, reflecting new science from the 2010 American Heart Association Guidelines for Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Emergency Cardiovascular Care
- Critical concepts in high-quality CPR
- The American Heart Association Chain of Survival
- 1-rescuer CPR and AED for adults, children and infants
- 2-rescuer CPR and AED for adults, children and infants
- Differences among adult, child and infant rescue techniques
- Bag-mask techniques for adults, children and infants
- Rescue breathing for adults, children and infants
- Relief of choking for adults, children and infants
- CPR with an advanced airway*
* This is an introduction to the compression and ventilation rates for a patient who has an advanced airway in place. For more information on advanced airways, please refer to the Airway Management Course.
- Updated Science based content
- Self-directed, Web based
- Access to BLS for Healthcare Providers Student Manual
- Downloadable algorithms
- BLS for Healthcare Providers Pocket Reference Card
Part 1 must be paired with a hands-on skills practice and testing session (Parts 2 and 3) with an AHA BLSInstructor. Students who successfully complete Part 1 receive a certificate that allows them entrance into a skills practice and testing session. An AHA BLS for Healthcare Providers course completion card will be issued upon successful completion of all three parts.
- 90-1403 BLS for Healthcare Providers Online Part 1
Online Class & Skills Test (Part 1, 2 & 3)
[tribe_events_list category=”healthcare-training/bls-training/bls-classroom” tag=””]
Skills Practice & Testing (Part 2 & 3)
[tribe_events_list category=”healthcare-training/bls-training/bls-renewal” tag=””]