Henry Mayo – Heartsaver® CPR AED
Henry Mayo Newhall Hospital is happy to offer Heartsaver® CPR AED Certifications to Santa Clarita Valley residents. Heartsaver® CPR AED is a classroom, video-based, instructor-led American Heart Association (AHA) course that teaches adult, child, and infant CPR and AED use, as well as how to relieve choking on an adult and infant. This course teaches skills with AHA’s research-proven Practice-While-Watching (PWW) technique, which allows instructors to observe the students, provide feedback and guide the students’ learning of skills.
*Residents must be a minimum of 12 years of age to attend this course.
- Key changes reflecting the new science from the 2020 American Heart Association Guidelines for Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Emergency Cardiovascular Care
- Adult CPR and AED use
- Optional modules in child CPR and AED use and infant CPR, including child and infant choking
- Optional written test
- Video-based course ensures consistency
- Instructor-led, hands-on class format reinforces skills proficiency
- Course is updated with the new science
Upon completion of this course, students receive an American Heart Association Heartsaver CPR AED Course Completion Card that is valid for two years.
During the course, an AHA Instructor conducts video-based lessons and works with students to complete their CPR AED skills practice and testing.
- 2020 Heartsaver CPR AED Student Workbook with Adult and Child/Infant Reminder Cards
To sign up, please select a date below.