Stop the Bleed Instructor Course
The ability to recognize life-threatening bleeding in someone who is injured and effectively assist that person can save a life. Studies have shown that the help given by an immediate responder can often make the difference between life and death, even before medical professionals arrive. The American College of Surgeons Committee on Trauma is leading the effort to save lives by teaching individuals how to provide vital initial response to stop uncontrolled bleeding in emergency situations. The Bleeding Control Basics Instructors course gives participants the necessary tools and information to not only become an empowered initial responder, but teach others how do the same.
Launched in October of 2015 by the White House, Stop the Bleed® is a national awareness campaign and a call to action. Stop the Bleed is intended to cultivate grassroots efforts that encourage bystanders to become trained, equipped, and empowered to help in a bleeding emergency…becoming the beginning of the trauma care chain of survival.
During Stop the Bleed Instructor training, you will learn how to:
- Determine if an area is safe for you to proceed toward a victim to provide assistance
- Identify any nearby tools to assist you such as a publicly placed bleeding control kit or everyday items that can be used to control bleeding.
- Use your hands to apply direct pressure at the site of the wound to stop bleeding
- Pack a deep wound with cloth or gauze to control bleeding
- Correctly apply a tourniquet to an injured limb to stop bleeding
- Keep the victim calm until help arrives
- Be fluent in all course materials, tools, and familiarize yourself with how to demonstrate and empower others to save lives through practical and easy to understand training
What are our customers saying?
“The Stop the Bleed course is by far the best course of its kind that we’ve seen on the market up to this point. The curriculum is well developed, including the tools, resources and equipment to give you the best training – everything from wound packing to tourniquets. It’s modern, fresh and a clean look. Extremely well done!”
There are no classes scheduled yet for this course. Please check back later!
Refund Policy/Cancellation Policy:
Students have the right to reschedule their reservation for up to but no more than six (6) months from the date of their registration. Students also have the right to cancel their reservation and obtain a full refund as long as arrangements are made 24 hours prior to the class.* A $10.00 cancellation fee will apply for those cancellations made within 24 hours of the class.
*Please Note: Refunds cannot be issued to those students who have purchased the online AHA Web Key (Online & Skills Test) course.*
**For Students that are completing the ACLS or PALS Online and Skills test, there will be a $25 rescheduling fee if less than 24 hours notice.**