STEMI – Online
Learn:® Rapid STEMI ID is a self-directed, online course that teaches healthcare professionals to use a 12-lead ECG, interpret electrocardiograms (ECGs) for signs of STEMI (ST-segment elevation myocardial infarction) and activate a system of care for rapid reperfusion of an occluded coronary artery.
This course supports the efforts of the American Heart Association’s Mission: Lifeline® (opens new window, a national initiative to improve quality of care and outcomes in heart attack patients by improving healthcare systems’ readiness and response to STEMI patients.
Who should take this class?
This course is for healthcare professionals who want to improve their STEMI recognition and assessment skills or for healthcare professionals seeking continuing education credits.
The American Heart Association strongly promotes knowledge and proficiency in all AHA courses and has developed instructional materials for this purpose. Use of these materials in an educational course does not represent course sponsorship by the AHA. Any fees charged for such a course, except for a portion of fees needed for AHA course materials, do not represent income to the AHA.
- Key changes in science from the 2010 American Heart Association Guidelines for Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Emergency
- Cardiovascular Care
- Understanding STEMI Systems of Care and STEMI recognition
- Basics of acute coronary syndromes (ACS) and triage of STEMI patients
- Acquiring high-quality, 12-lead ECGs
- 12-lead findings that mimic STEMI
- Coronary anatomy related to 12-lead ECGs
- Indications for activating a Heart Alert System
- Includes 12-lead ECGs practice test
- Includes two-part AHA exam
- Emphasizes immediate recognition and treatment of ACS STEMI
- Defines ACS and distinguishes STEMI from ECG Mimics of STEMI
- Includes self-assessments: Naming the Leads, Regions of the Heart, Measuring ST Deviation,
- Correlating Regional Changes
- Contains dynamic ECG Scope to measure ST deviation
- Includes the STEMI Practice Exam and STEMI Completion Exam
Completion of this course does not result in an AHA course completion card. However, a certificate of completion is available for the student to print upon successful completion of the course. Students may also apply for continuing education credits upon completion.
90-1415 Learn: Rapid STEMI ID Course