Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) – Online
HeartCode® PALS Part 1 is a web-based, self-directed program that teaches healthcare providers knowledge and skills needed to recognize and prevent cardiopulmonary arrest in infants and children.
This program uses eSimulation technology to allow students to assess and treat patients in virtual healthcare settings. In this environment, students apply their knowledge to real-time decision-making and skills development. Debriefings and coaching are provided immediately after each simulation to facilitate learning about pediatric advanced life support.
Who should take this class?
HeartCode PALS Part 1 is for healthcare providers who respond to emergencies in infants and children. This includes personnel in emergency response, emergency medicine, intensive care and critical care units such as physicians, nurses, paramedics and others who need a PALS course completion card and are seeking an alternative (non-classroom) method for completing an initial or update PALS course.
The American Heart Association strongly promotes knowledge and proficiency in all AHA courses and has developed instructional materials for this purpose. Use of these materials in an educational course does not represent course sponsorship by the AHA. Any fees charged for such a course, except for a portion of fees needed for AHA course materials, do not represent income to the AHA.
- Key changes in pediatric advanced life support, reflecting the new science from the 2010 American Heart Association Guidelines for Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Emergency Cardiovascular Care
- 12 pediatric, hospital-based, patient cases with up to four healthcare providers, presented though eSimulation technology
- Systematic approach to pediatric assessment
- Recognition and management of respiratory and shock emergencies
- Recognition and management of respiratory and cardiac arrest
- Immediate post-cardiac arrest care
- Effective communication as a member and leader of a resuscitation team
- Web-based, self-paced eSimulation instructional program for PALS cognitive training
- Students apply knowledge to real-time decision-making and skills development
- Debriefings and coaching are provided immediately after each simulation to facilitate learning
- Access to the PALS Provider Manual, the 2010 Handbook of ECC and 2010 AHA Guidelines for CPR & ECC
- Access to all information in course for two years following activation of course key
Successful completion of the full PALS course (using HeartCode PALS Part 1) includes three parts:
- HeartCode PALS Part 1. Upon successful completion of the online portion, including the written exam, students receive a Part 1 certificate of completion, which must be presented for parts 2 and 3.
- Part 2*, a hands-on skills practice session with an AHA PALS Instructor.
- Part 3*, a skills test with an AHA PALS Instructor.
*Parts 2 and 3 should be completed in one “skills practice and testing” session.
Students will receive an AHA PALS course completion card, valid for two years, upon successful completion of all three parts.
- 90-1420 HeartCode PALS Part 1
Online Class & Skills Test (Part 1, 2 & 3)
august, 2018 Previous MonthNext Month No Classes
Previous MonthNext Month