Learn: Rhythm Pediatric – Online
Learn:® Rhythm Pediatric is a self-directed, online course that introduces healthcare providers to normal pediatric cardiac rhythms and prepares them to recognize basic pediatric cardiac arrhythmias in clinical practice. The course allows healthcare providers to gain proficiency in pediatric ECG rhythm recognition in an effort to provide better patient treatment and save more lives.
Who should take this class?
This course is for healthcare professionals needing basic pediatric rhythm recognition skills, including:
- Telemetry staff
- Neonatal and pediatric ICU personnel
- Ambulatory care personnel
- Those preparing for PALS
The American Heart Association strongly promotes knowledge and proficiency in all AHA courses and has developed instructional materials for this purpose. Use of these materials in an educational course does not represent course sponsorship by the AHA. Any fees charged for such a course, except for a portion of fees needed for AHA course materials, do not represent income to the AHA.
- Basic pediatric rhythm understanding
- Relationship between ECG strip and heart impulses
- Common pediatric arrhythmias
- Identifying and distinguishing various arrhythmias
- Online, self-directed
- Teaches skills through audio, animation, interactive activities and self-assessment portions
- Course completion time is approximately 2.5 hours.
Completion of this course does not result in an AHA course completion card. A certificate of completion is available for the student to print upon successful completion of the course.
90-1423 Learn: Rhythm Pediatric Course