Learn: Rhythm Adult – Online
Learn:® Rhythm Adult is an online, self-directed course that introduces healthcare providers to normal cardiac rhythms and prepares them to recognize basic cardiac arrhythmias in clinical practice.
From the course, healthcare providers improve their skill in ECG rhythm recognition, which is a key skill required to successfully determine a patient’s condition, know which algorithm to apply, and provide better patient treatment.
This course features a combination of audio, animation, interactive activities, and self-assessment portions. The course is self-paced and is completed entirely online.
Who should take this class?
- Healthcare professionals and telemetry staff who need basic rhythm recognition skills
- Students preparing for ACLS, such as paramedics/EMTs, nurses, physicians, clinical pharmacists, and respiratory therapists
- Nurses, pharmacists, emergency medical services personnel and physicians seeking to earn continuing education credits
The American Heart Association strongly promotes knowledge and proficiency in all AHA courses and has developed instructional materials for this purpose. Use of these materials in an educational course does not represent course sponsorship by the AHA. Any fees charged for such a course, except for a portion of fees needed for AHA course materials, do not represent income to the AHA.
- Basic rhythm understanding
- Relationship between the ECG strip and heart impulses
- Common arrhythmias
- Identifying and distinguishing various arrhythmias
- Features a combination of audio, animation, interactive activities, and self-assessment portions
- Self-paced learning, accessible anytime
- Access to course for 12 months allows for ongoing refresher
Students can access a downloadable Certificate of Completion.
Students complete online lessons and self-assessment for practice. Students conclude the course with a two-part online exam. No skills session is required.
90-1421 Learn: Rhythm Adult Course Key