Airway Management – Online
Airway Management is a unique program designed to give students the chance to learn, practice and demonstrate their ability in applying many airway skills used in resuscitation. Students increase their awareness of various airway products and skills required.
The course is designed into units, and some are optional, so facilitators can present the units that meet the students’ needs.
Who should take this class?
The course provides training for:
- Healthcare providers whose occupation or volunteer activities require airway management skills
- Professionals in the field of resuscitation and airway management
- Bag-mask ventilation and airway adjuncts
- Laryngeal mask airway
- Esophageal-tracheal combitube
- Endotracheal tube
- Impedance threshold devise
- Skills video demonstrations reinforce proper technique
- Simple course flow of skills demonstration, skills practice and skills testing
- The course units cover required topics and offer optional topics based on needs
- Video includes computer-generated animation
- Classroom format is ideal for learners who prefer group interaction and instructor feedback while learning skills
Certificate of Completion. This course does not provide AHA course card certification, but instead is designed solely to enhance students’ airway management skills.
In the classroom, an Airway Management Facilitator conducts video-guided instruction and skill demonstrations, and works with students to complete hands-on skills practice and skills testing.
80-1464 Airway Management Student Guide:
- 40-page guide that contains colorful illustrations of airway anatomy and skills
- Contains Skills Station Competency checklists for the five airway modules
- Covers basic and advanced adult airway skills but not complicated airway skills, such as surgical procedures or Rapid Sequence Intubation (RSI)
Online Class & Skills Test (Part 1, 2 & 3)
[tribe_events_list category=”#171″ tag=””]
Skills Practice and Testing (Part 2 & 3)
[tribe_events_list category=”#172″ tag=””]