Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) – Online
An alternative to classroom-based ACLS training, HeartCode™ ACLS is a self-paced, comprehensive eLearning course. The course includes interactive patient cases that test students’ ability to apply the ACLS algorithms to effect treatment. The full course combines the web-based lessons with advanced CPR skills training.
For the healthcare team, the course offers:
- Standardized ACLS instruction
- Improved competency
- Cost savings through less time away from the job
Who should take this class?
ACLS is designed for healthcare professionals who either direct or participate in the management of cardiopulmonary arrest and other cardiovascular emergencies. This includes personnel in emergency response, emergency medicine, intensive care and critical care units.
The American Heart Association strongly promotes knowledge and proficiency in all AHA courses and has developed instructional materials for this purpose. Use of these materials in an educational course does not represent course sponsorship by the AHA. Any fees charged for such a course, except for a portion of fees needed for AHA course materials, do not represent income to the AHA.
*If online course is purchased during non-business hours, online course will be sent the following business day (business hours are 9am-5pm, Monday-Friday).
- Key changes in advanced cardiovascular life support, reflecting the 2010 American Heart Association Guidelines for Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Emergency Cardiovascular Care
- Basic life support skills, including effective chest compressions, use of a bag-mask device and use of an (AED)
- Recognition and early management of respiratory and cardiac arrest
- Recognition and early management of peri-arrest conditions such as symptomatic bradycardia
- Airway management
- Related pharmacology
- Management of acute coronary syndromes (ACS) and stroke
- Effective communication as a member and leader of a resuscitation team
- Effective Resuscitation Team Dynamics
Upon successful course completion, including demonstration of skills competency in all learning stations and passing the CPR and AED skills test, bag-mask ventilation skills test, a Megacode test and a written test, students receive an ACLS course completion card, valid for two years.
90-1014 ACLS Provider Manual, includes ACLS Pocket Reference Card Set
90-1012 ACLS Pocket Reference Card Set (set of 2)
Online Class & Skills Test (Part 1, 2 & 3)
january, 2020 No Classes
Skills Practice and Testing (Part 2 & 3)
january, 2020 No Classes
Refund Policy/Cancellation Policy:
Students have the right to reschedule their reservation for up to but no more than six (6) months from the date of their registration. Students also have the right to cancel their reservation and obtain a full refund as long as arrangements are made 24 hours prior to the class.* A $10.00 cancellation fee will apply for those cancellations made within 24 hours of the class.
*Please Note: Refunds cannot be issued to those students who have purchased the online AHA Web Key (Online & Skills Test) course.*
**For Students that are completing the ACLS or PALS Online and Skills test, there will be a $25 rescheduling fee if less than 24 hours notice.**