Heartsaver First Aid – Online
Heartsaver® First Aid Online Part 1 is a Web-based, self-directed program. This program teaches students critical skills and knowledge needed to respond to and manage an emergency in the first few minutes until emergency medical services (EMS) arrives. Content includes how to help a victim with bleeding, sprains, broken bones, shock and other first aid emergencies.
Who should take this class?
This program is for anyone with limited or no medical training who needs a course completion card in first aid for a job, regulatory or other requirement and is seeking an alternative to classroom-based training.
- Key changes reflecting the new science from the 2010 American Heart Association Guidelines for Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Emergency Cardiovascular Care
- First Aid basics
- Medical emergencies (includes adult choking)
- Injury emergencies
- Environmental emergencies
- Can be completed at work, at home or wherever Internet access is available
- Can be used for initial or renewal training
- Includes interactive exercises and videos
- Certificate of completion available to print when Part 1 has been completed successfully
- Includes online access to the Heartsaver First Aid Student Workbook
- Students have access to all information in the online course for 24 months following activation of their key
Successful completion of the Heartsaver First Aid Online Course includes three (3) parts:
- Part 1 online; can be completed in approximately1 – 1 ½ hours
- Parts 2 and 3, hands-on skills practice and testing session with an authorized AHA Instructor.
Time to complete skills practice and testing sessions vary.
90-1400 Heartsaver First Aid Online Part 1 Key