Heartsaver First Aid – Classroom
Heartsaver® First Aid is a classroom, video-based, instructor-led course that teaches students critical skills to respond to and manage an emergency in the first few minutes until emergency medical services (EMS) arrives. Students learn skills such as how to treat bleeding, sprains, broken bones, shock and other first aid emergencies.
Who should take this class?
This course is for anyone with limited or no medical training who needs a course completion card in first aid to meet job, regulatory or other requirements.
The American Heart Association strongly promotes knowledge and proficiency in all AHA courses and has developed instructional materials for this purpose. Use of these materials in an educational course does not represent course sponsorship by the AHA. Any fees charged for such a course, except for a portion of fees needed for AHA course materials, do not represent income to the AHA.
- Key changes reflecting the new science from the 2010 American Heart Association Guidelines for Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Emergency Cardiovascular Care
- First Aid basics
- Medical emergencies
- Injury emergencies
- Environmental emergencies
- Optional written test
- Video-based course ensures consistency
- Instructor-led, hands-on class format reinforces skills proficiency
- Student manual comes with a new Heartsaver First Aid Quick Reference Guide that summarizes first aid actions for many injuries and illnesses
- Course is updated with the new science
Upon completion of this course, students receive an American Heart Association Heartsaver First Aid Course Completion Card that is valid for two years.
During the course, an AHA Instructor conducts video-based lessons and works with students to complete their first aid skills practice and testing.
- 90-1027 Heartsaver First Aid Student Workbook with *Heartsaver First Aid Quick Reference Guide, Heartsaver CPR AED Adult Reminder Card and Heartsaver CPR AED Child & Infant Reminder Card
june, 2020 No Classes
Refund Policy/Cancellation Policy:
Students have the right to reschedule their reservation for up to but no more than six (6) months from the date of their registration. Students also have the right to cancel their reservation and obtain a full refund as long as arrangements are made 24 hours prior to the class.* A $10.00 cancellation fee will apply for those cancellations made within 24 hours of the class.
*Please Note: Refunds cannot be issued to those students who have purchased the online AHA Web Key (Online & Skills Test) course.*
**For Students that are completing the ACLS or PALS Online and Skills test, there will be a $25 rescheduling fee if less than 24 hours notice.**